Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Spamalot

After glancing at the date on my calendar accidentally yesterday, I suddenly remembered that my mother had bought tickets for my girlfriend and I to see Spamalot on Broadway. Needless to say I spazzed as it was at 4:30 that I realized we had tickets and the show started at 8:00. I called my girlfriend and hurriedly packed my crap up at work and rushed into the city, picked her up, and made it to the theater with enough time to guzzle an overpriced drink before the first act.

The play was pretty good. Taking the most famously funny scenes from Monty Python and the Holy Grail and renacting them on stage, which is funny since the original material from the movie is itself classic, but having seen the movie about a month ago the jokes were still pretty fresh in my head and did not illicit much laughter from me. There were some really funny original acts that had me dying and saved the show. Firstly, the whole act where King Arthur is told to create a Broadway show by the knights (who until recently) said Nee, and Robin informs him that they cannot make it to Broadway without any Jews, and then proceeds to sing and dance about it doing renditions of Yentil, Fiddler on the Roof, and Hava Negila(sp?). Oh and Hank Azaria's many parts were all great and stole the show.

Look forward for next post which hopefully will be filled with crazy AC pics as I am spending Saturday night there with seven buddies.

Laaaater.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Middleton said...

Strange that Spamalot hasn't reached the UK - even though we're the home of Monty Python

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home