Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Wow, my blogging skills are lacking. I am actually being out blogged by Mango.

What's been happening...

Not much.

Italy won the World Cup. Azzurri! Materazzi has successfully typified Italian football and perhaps Italian's as a whole. That, however, depends upon how you choose to look at the headbutting incident that took place in the second overtime of the final.

Looking for a new job is tough, someone please help me!

Give me a job. A good one. I am looking towards the 100,000 to 700,000 salary range. Anywhere in between would be comfortable.

My mother had an accident about three weeks ago. Actually, she was knocked to the ground by her dog and fractured her pelvis in three places. Spent three weeks in the hospital and is now walking around the house with the aid of a walker. This has opened my eyes to how old my parents are getting and how inept my father is at attempting to live without a fully functional spouse. I mean my mother is walking around with a freaking walker! My grandmother (god bless her liquor pickled Irish soul) needed a walker to get around the house after breaking her hip and knees several times attempting to walk down the staircase after popping pain killers washed down with J&B and Budweiser. She was in her mid to late sixties when the first of about three falls occurred. In my mothers defense she prefers Dewars and usually starts drinking in the late afternoon as opposed to early mornings as she so witnessed her mother do. So it has come to be that my perception of an aging matriarch happens to need the aid of a walker to get around the house. As it would be with most people I would assume. Just hard to fathom one of my parents needing one...yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home