Tuesday, July 04, 2006

ITALIA!! ITALIA!!!

ITALIA! ITALIA! ITALIA!


GOOOOOOLLLL

AZZURRI!


GOOOOOOOOOOL


DEL PIERO!


GOOOOOOOOOL!

I hate Italian football.

But, God, did that feel great.

ITALIA! ITALIA! ITALIA!

OLE! OLE! OLE OLE OLE.....

It hurts to be an Italian/Irish American. But, I bet I can find you about twenty fellow New Yorkers, who share that same dual heritage and can claim the same heartfelt joy that I experienced this afternoon with about four phone calls. If New York is the world....then ITALIA is the universe right now.

Ginzolinos celebrating Grosso's goal in extra time.

This has been the proudest day as an Italian, ever in my life.

GO AZZURRI!!! GO!!

I nearly performed the sacrament and about 200 Holy Mothers to keep England's hopes alive.

For the Azzurri...one time crossing myself was enough (after Lahm's shot in extra time), which in the eyes of many a Roman Catholic means this team is truly blessed.

Well in my eyes at least!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home